Archive for August, 2011
The Wesley House Family Services’ Summer Jam 2011 was hosted at Key West Harbour on August 27, 2011. The event was a huge success and raised money for local families.
Attendees had a wonderful dinner prepared by Key West Harbour, enjoyed great music by Howard Livingston and bid during a silent and live auction.
A note from a vacationer at Key West Harbour:
Key West Harbour Staff,
Thank you for making our first real vacation in about ten years so enjoyable, relaxing, beautiful, fantastic, affordable, unbelievable pampering and a trip that we will never forget.
The staff at the marina was exceptional in their quest to make sure all guests were taken care of. There was never a time that a question could not be answered, a request could not be made or a tip for a place to dine could not be found. We had such a wonderful time and could not have asked for a better place to visit or a more perfect venue to be with family.
Things I did while at Key West Harbour:
1. Since I stayed at the lovely and exclusive Key West Harbour condos, I never had to leave the property.
2. KWH was the perfect place to relax in an all inclusive paradise that will forever be ingrained within my mind.
3. You can go lobster hunting with Darren or deep sea fish with Deannea and bring home the catch of the day (I caught 53 yellow tail snapper!)
4. Lunch at Jacks poolside bar is catered with exceptional service by all of the staff
5. Pool dipping is lovely at the marina
6. The wildlife is beautiful at the marina! I spotted an iguana by the rocks and an octopus on the first day!
7. I was able to eat the most delicate and perfectly cooked scallops. I recommend for all!
8. Viewing the “catch” from the many fishermen/women as they emptied their coolers was a sight to see. Also watching the 200 lb tarpon awaiting their evening meals every night was truly amazing.
9. Kayaking within the mangrove islands and picnicking on a sandbar
10. Making new friends at the fabulous cabana bar while watching the sun dip below the sea’s edge
11. Lavishing at every bite of the best key lime pie and chocolate cake laced with cinnamon that your taste buds have ever experienced
12. Celebrating the wedding couple that dusted their feet off after their quaint wedding on the white sandy beach overlooking the vast beauty of the waters and sunset that surrounded the area
13. Drinking one or possibly more of the best key lime margaritas on the face of the earth
14. Being totally spoiled by staying in an exclusive two bedroom fully equipped condo overlooking the pool and yachts (oh what a view!)
15. Allowing the chef to prepare your catch of the day three ways (grilled, blackened, and fried) and accompany it with the wonderful family style dishes that would make you want to ask for more, more and more!
16. Having the office staff be at your beckon whim while trying to conduct business from afar by accommodating computer, fax, scanning and mailing accommodations
17. Enjoying fresh caught lobster prepared perfectly and enjoying every delicious bite
18. Taking the sunset in at every venue while quietly riding along the docks 19. Having your own personal membership card for the facility providing such a convenience
20. Seeing the most beautiful birds that gently flew over and gracefully allowed a view of their love for the coast
My trip was the most memorable trip ever. Thank you Key West Harbour!
Love, Margaret and Garin
Swimmer Diana Nyad attempted to be the first person to swim from Cuba to Key West without a shark cage. On Tuesday morning around 12:45a.m. she was forced to quit because of her developing health issues and the “swells of the ocean.”
On Tuesday afternoon, Key West Harbour held a press conference for Nyad. Many local news papers and news stations gathered to hear Nyad describe her amazing journey.
To read more about Nyad and to view an interview with her, please click the link below.
Have you experienced this sunset at Key West Harbour? Well if your answer is no- what are you waiting for?!
The above picture was taken by Jerry Smith during a photo shoot held on Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week. Jerry took many pictures of the amazing views at Key West Harbour, the 150 mph wind rated boat barns, our upstairs club restaurant, Jack’s Havana Bar, infinity pool, onsite condos, the ship’s store and so much more.
We invite you to get out of town and visit this slice of paradise.